Wednesday, November 18, 2015

"Beautiful Redemption"
by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Redemption is an absolutely beautiful read, and I have to admit that Thomas might just be my new favorite Maddox brother - but pssssht don't let Travis hear, I'm still head over heels for him, too!

It hadn't been hard, at all, to fall for Travis Maddox and his and Abby's story in Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster. I then fell even harder for Travis upon reading Walking Disaster, and for a while I was so infatuated with him, he got to be my number one book boyfriend for longer than anyone else had before. Not to forget A Beautiful Wedding, which was the cherry on top of the Trabby Sundae.
Naturally, I was over the moon when I heard that the other Maddox brothers would be getting their own books, too. I mean, hello?! - The Maddox boys were obviously all made of awesome and could rock your socks... or panties. ;-)
Unfortunately, Beautiful Oblivion, which took us on a journey through Trenton's (and Camille's) life left me disappointed. While I loved Trent and the occasional passage, a lot of it felt forced to me and at times the writing was so different from the other three books, I kept wondering if it had really been written by Jamie, or someone a lot younger than her as the writing just hadn't seemed as... developed?... to me.
And that disappointment was what kept me from purchasing Beautiful Redemption for the longest time after it had been released. I wasn't sure if I could take being disappointed by another Maddox brother book, or if I would rather be oblivious about what was happening in the newer novels.

But, man, am I freaking happy to have ordered Beautiful Redemption last week and to have given the series another chance!
If I hadn't, I would have missed a whole lot of awesome; this book is what I had been expecting after having indulged in the novels mainly revolving around Travis and Abby.

Beautiful Redemption delivers not only characters that develop throughout the novel, it also brings you a beautiful love story that you get to watch develop and evolve. It is very well written, and as Penelope Ward (author of Stepbrother Dearest)  said, absolutely "unputdownable". There always is enough sexual tension to keep you on the edge of your seat, the characters are troubled, scarred, witty and have spunk. They live in a world of thrill and excitement, while trying not only not to lose themselves, but also to find themselves, and, in the most unexpected of circumstances, to find love.

Whether you have previously read the other parts of the series or would like to read this as a stand-alone...you are definitely in for a treat when (not just if!) you decide to pick up Beautiful Redemption, and to give Thomas Maddox and Liis Lindy not only a chance, but a piece of your heart.


P.S.: Dear Jamie, I would please like to get Val's book next! Kaythanksbye!

5/5

BLURB

If A Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever. But what if he didn't love you, first?

No-nonsense Liis Lindy is an agent of the FBI. Deciding she is married only to her job, she breaks off her engagement and transfers from Chicago to the field office in San Diego. She loves her desk. She is committed to her laptop. She dreams of promotions and shaking hands with the director after cracking an impossible case.

Special Agent in Charge Thomas Maddox is arrogant, unforgiving, and ruthless. He is tasked with putting away some of the world’s toughest criminals, and he is one of the best the Bureau has to offer. Though, as many lives as he’s saved, there is one that is beyond his reach. Younger brother Travis is faced with prison time for his involvement in a basement fire that killed dozens of college students, and the media want a conviction. Travis’s only savior is his unusual tie to the mob. In a deal that will spare his brother, Thomas has agreed to recruit Travis into the FBI.

Liis is stubborn, defiant, and yet somehow softens Thomas’s rough edges, making her the perfect agent to accompany him to the ceremony. Posing as a couple, they must travel to Travis & Abby’s beach vow renewal and give him the news, but when the pretending ends, she finds herself wondering if they were pretending at all.

In the second installment of the Maddox Brothers books, experience firsthand the mysterious world of the elusive Thomas Maddox, and how good love can be when you’re not the first, but the last.



LINKS

Find Beautiful Redemption on goodreads || amazon UK || amazon US || amazon DE
Visit Jamie McGuire on facebook


[as mentioned before, my internet access is very limited at the moment... graphics as well as more links to follow once I'm back to being better connected, I just don't want to be on a super hiatus <3] 

No comments:

Post a Comment